Homemade Chai Latte
Fall is almost over and winter is coming. (No, not Game of Thrones, although that really would have been wonderful news) I mean of course the cold winter weather. And what better way to enjoy a frosty day, than with a cup hot Chai Latte.
Chai Latte with whipped cream is perfect for those cold winter days and nights. And its really easy to make yourself. You will never go back to store-bought Chai after making this one. I promise!
Chai is an Indian tea filled with spices and milk. it’s very common to drink Chai in the winter. Firstly because of all the spices that a lot of people associate with Christmas. And secondly, because the spices
Makes 4-6 servings
1 cup water
2 cinnamon sticks
2 tsp whole cloves
2 tsp whole cardamom seeds
4 pieces of star anise
2 pinch nutmeg
4 tbsp black tea
4 cups milk or almond milk
- Crush the spices a bit.
- Pour the water in a pot, along with the black tea and the crushed cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, star anise, and nutmeg
- Bring it to boil while stirring
- When i starts to boil, ad the milk, and warm it up again while stirring
- Ad sugar if needed
- As soon it starts to boil again, take it of the heat
- Pour it through a sieve
- Serve with some whipped cream or milk and sprinkle with ground cinnamon
Ad some ginger if you want a little more kick in it.
2 thoughts on “Homemade Chai Latte”
how do add ginger to the chai latte? is it sliced?
Thank you for your comment.
You can add sliced ginger with the other ingredients, and remove it when you pour it through the sieve. Or you can add some ginger powder.